First season of activity at our new home announced
28 January 2022
AIM Collective at The Talent House. Photo by Duke LDN
We’re bursting with excitement to share the first season of dance activity at our new purpose-built home in Stratford.
The Talent House is a new home for your creativity! From this first season onwards you’ll be able to learn to dance or perfect your moves, build your creative career skills, connect with fellow creatives and so much more.
Read our press release here and discover how to find us here.
Studio 1. Photo by Ben Stanley
Adult Street Dance Classes
From this February we’re offering a series of dynamic adult street dance classes in our new purpose-built studios suitable for beginners, improvers and professionals. Expect a high energy atmosphere fuelled by the space, music and incredible teaching artists.
- Mondays: 7-8:20pm, AIM Collective lead beginner level Popping
- Mondays: 8:30-9:50pm, HomeBros lead all levels Afro Dance
- Tuesdays: 7-8:20pm, Dominic Hamilton leads beginner level Hip Hop
- Tuesdays: 8:30-9:50pm, Rain Crew lead all levels Breaking
Curate by Kloé Dean and Myself UK Dance, classes begin from Monday 21 February and are on sale here including a free taster on Tuesday 15 February.
Studio 2. Photo by Ben Stanley
On The Move – Youth Dance Classes
Aged between 7-17? We have a range of high-energy weekly street dance classes you can join for free this spring term. Boost your confidence, fitness, well-being and creative skills as part of this fun and fresh youth dance programme available online and also in person.
- Mondays, 4:30-6pm, Krupa Chavda leads Street Dance and Bollywood (online)
- Thursdays, 5:30-7pm, Josh Franklin leads Hip Hop and Street Dance for ages 7-11 (in-person)
- Thursdays, 5:30-7pm, a guest artist will lead Hip Hop and Street Dance for ages 12-17 (in-person)
Online classes begin on Monday 24 January and in-person classes begin on Thursday 24 February, sign up now.
Youth Dance Celebration (17 & 18 February):
This half terms we’re offering all day dance workshops, building tours, a pizza party and more for young people aged 7-17! Sign up now.
Courtesy of Rain Crew. Photo by Mateusz Strelau
OUR HOUSE – Artist Takeovers
OUR HOUSE is a brand-new programme which hands over creative control of our programming to independent artists and collectives to take over our new home for a week at a time. It’s our great pleasure to be able to announce the first three curators.
- 7 – 12 March popping experts Shawn Aimey and AIM Collective, take over the building with a focus on UK Street and Club Culture.
- 28 March – 3 April Dance creatives Daniel Phung & Kayleigh Price curate a week focused on artists’ needs, to bring the community together again.
- 9 – 15 May dance collective Rain Crew, presents The Hive, a cross-pollination of skills, practice and culture, where everyone unites to cultivate a hive mind.
Tickets on sale soon, read the full details here.
Artist & Producers Support
We are committed to supporting the sector and have three core ways of doing this:
Our two studios are now available for hire. With Harlequin sprung floors, coverable wall mirrors, audio visual equipment, ultrafast wifi, full accessibility and more – our pair of 10.7x 15.6m and 9.3 x 8.8m studios have everything you need for a high-quality studio experience. Enquire about hiring here.
East London Dance Membership Scheme
Membership benefits will include access to a members only, ultrafast wifi connected co-working space for dance and music artists at our new home; discounted studio hire; 1-to-1 advice and mentoring; networking and members only events and more besides. Register your interest here.
Office Space Rental
We have a fully furnished office space available for a company of up to 6 staff. Get in touch at email@example.com if you are interested.