OUR HOUSE is an East London Dance programme which hands over creative control of our programming to independent artists and collectives for a week at a time, to make the decisions within our artistic offer and curate activity at our home The Talent House.
Dance Collective, Rain Crew, presents The Hive for their takeover of The Talent House between 16 – 22 May. A week of cross-pollination of practice, skills and culture, where the Collective and participants will cultivate a hive mind and unite as a community. Highlights will include collaborative installations, multi-disciplinary performances, interactive battles and brainstorm sessions.
“The Hive will be an interactive week of activities where we celebrate the diversity of east London and the dance community by platforming unique voices, driving unusual partnerships and challenging artists. Expect good music, great artists, some learning and most of all – Fun!” Clint Sinclair, Executive Director of Rain Crew
- Friday 20 May
An innovative concept battle that merges game shows such as ‘Whose Line is it Anyway’ with dance. Created to bring the fun back into Hip Hop battles, expect audience suggestions, props, great dancing, fun and the unexpected. 8 Invited dancers and 8 dancers that have made it through the preselection will battle for the prize. Open to all styles, 18+
- DJ: My Panda Shall Fly
- Judges: Clint Sinclair, Clara Bajado & Julia Cheng
- Prize: £200
Please note that the Rain Jam battle event, originally set to take place on Saturday 21 May, has been postponed until later this the year.
THE HIVE FESTIVAL
- Sunday 22 May
A full day of activities and events that will celebrate East London and all it’s culture and talent.
Exhibitions with work from Naajia Ahmed, Lee Putman, Marso Riviere, Helen Maule and Pria Rodriguez.
Cypher Network with Spin.
Performances, Workshops, Food & Music. Full programme announced soon.
OPEN TRAINING SESSIONS
- Monday 16 – Thursday 20 May
Free open training sessions in Studio 1 at the Talent House.
OUR HOUSE is funded by an Arts Council England Project Grant and supported by Sadler’s Wells.
Photo by Will Hartley
Covid-19 Safety Measures at The Talent House:
In order to keep participants, audiences and staff safe, we have put the following measures in place:
- Where possible, we encourage all participants and audience members to take a lateral flow test before attending any events at The Talent House.
- We ask that you bring a face covering for use whilst moving through the building and we encourage you to wear it whilst watching activity. It is not recommended to wear a mask when participating in dance activity.
- When booking, you must declare you do not, at that time, feel unwell or have Covid-19 and that if you subsequently feel unwell, have any symptoms or test positive that you do not attend any OUR HOUSE events or activities.
- If you miss the event due to testing positive for COVID-19 or we are happy to refund your ticket if you email firstname.lastname@example.org with evidence of the request or positive test registered with the NHS.
- Our building is ventilated using fresh, un-recycled air and our studio spaces are complemented by air conditioning units to keep you cool. Studios will be aired between classes.
- We have hand sanitiser points around the building for you to use.
Please view here East London Dance’s terms and conditions that you will be agreeing to when booking your tickets.