The Fi.ELD is a unique programme to develop the future innovators of dance, equipping them with skills and resources to make their ideas happen. If you are aged 16-25 and are passionate about developing a career in the dance sector then this programme is for you!
The Programme is designed and facilitated by a team of top industry professionals: Vicki Igbokwe (Uchenna Dance), Kate Scanlan (Scanner’s Inc) and East London Dance’s Creative Producer: Participation and Events. Under their guidance and mentorship, the participants have the opportunity to design, develop and deliver their own project ideas with investment from East London Dance.
The programme includes:
- The Residential: a weekend away to get to know each other
- The Know-how (monthly): skills and knowledge development sessions on topics including fundraising and financial management, event management and marketing and PR
- The Studio (weekly): a free dance studio programme at Stratford Circus Arts Centre, which is curated and managed by the Fi.ELD to engage other young people
- Intensives: Subjects include training in technical production, teaching, marketing and PR
- Fi.ELD Trips: networking, seeing productions and visiting venues across London
- Hands On: professional experience in project management and teaching
- Pitch Tuesday: pitching ideas, dragon’s den style! The Fi.ELD collective will produce all funded projects
- Fi.ELD Festival: the opportunity for you to programme your own festival of work with real budgets
We have secured 5 year funding from Esmee Fairbairn Foundation to continue delivering this programme from 2017 – 2021. Not only will this enable the East London programme to grow and develop, but we will also be rolling the programme out nationally. We will develop partnerships across the country, supporting them to initiate and deliver the programme in their areas, building a national network of future dance innovators.
If you are a national organisation and want to run The Fi.ELD in your area, please get in touch with Kirsty.
“The Fi.ELD fuelled my excitement to create work and gave me the skills to produce events in this crazy dance world – it taught me to aim for the top and keep going.”
Caldy Walton, The Fi.ELD 2014.
“You could not get a better advert for the positive outcomes of The Fi.ELD than Amy Welch. She joined us in the programming department after The Fi.ELD and hit the ground running. She had the skills to deal with whatever crops up in the running of an international programme together with a positive ‘can do’ approach.”
Alistair Spalding, Chief Executive and Artistic Director, Sadler’s Wells
Read an interview with The FI.ELD Creative Director here
We originally delivered The FI.ELD from 2012-15 with 100% of graduates securing paid work in the arts following graduation. You can read the full report of our first three years here: The Fi.ELD Publication 2012-15
The Fi.ELD year 1 documented their learning, see what they achieved during 2013-2014. Click here: