Producers House is a 9-month part time professional development programme that supports up to 30 untapped producers/creatives with a good amount of experience producing live events/performances who are at a critical moment in their careers, to expand their portfolio, growing the type of projects and programmes they are working on and to get networked into the ever-increasing demand for skilled producers in dance, arts and cultural events.
East London Dance recognises the imbalance of representation of global majority and working-class communities in the dance and culture sector. Recruitment for this programme looks to redress this imbalance and so we are especially interested in hearing from producers of African, Caribbean, South Asian and other global majority heritages as well as those from working class roots.
We want to grow a community of diverse producers in and from our cultural sector, support them and shape the future of our industry together. The aim of this development programme is to create an equal playing field for producers trying to elevate and make their careers more sustainable.
The programme combines short-course skills boosting training, networking, mental health and wellbeing masterclasses, and a pairing with an east London based arts and culture organisation which will equip the participants with the knowledge, confidence and connections to move freely between organisations and their own independent work. For a full list of the many programme benefits read our Producers House Info Pack.
- 15 September – Applications Open
- 22 September (3-5pm) & 27 September (6pm – 8pm) – Producer’s Hang Out at the Talent House, come find out about the programme, chat through any questions, concerns and considerations.
- 10 October – Deadline to apply
- 4/5/6 November – Skills Booster Intensive (Talent House/online)
- November – April 2023 bi-monthly meet ups for the Masterclass series, panel discussions and coaching (Tuesday evenings 6.30pm – 8pm, twice a month)
- February 2023 – Facilitator Training – 2 day intensive
- February 2023 – there will be an opportunity to enter into phase 2 of the programme where you can apply to be on a paid placement with an east London arts organisation.
- April – June 2023– Paid Placements
We want to make sure you can get fully involved with this training and will aim to provide whatever support you need. This could be things like interpretation support, information in different formats, meeting travel costs, supporting with caring commitments or whatever else you require. The Talent House is fully accessible. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org about what you need, we’ll do our best to make it happen.
All training and events will be held at the Talent House, east London venues or will be online. We’ve tried to design this flexibly to account for other commitments, but those who take part in all of the programme are likely to get the most out of it, therefore, we are asking that when applying you commit to the whole programme.
How to apply:
Please read the Producers House Info Pack before applying
Apply via this online form by Monday 10 October, 10am. You will be asked to upload your CV and answer the following points:
- Why this opportunity would be of interest
- The kind of work you are interested in making
- Your mission and values as a producer
Producers House is funded by Foundation For Future London, Arts Council England and supported by Sadler’s Wells