Are you independently delivering regular dance classes in East London and feel you would benefit from support from one of London’s leading dance organisations?
As part of East London Dance’s commitment to supporting the independent dance sector and inspiring more people to participate in dance, we have established an Associate Classes programme to help independently run classes to thrive. We are inviting applications from local artists, companies and groups who already have regular dance classes up and running in East London to gain Associate Class status and benefit from our unique support package. Classes can be in any style and for people of any age or experience.
East London Dance is especially interested in supporting classes for:
- Adults and Older People
- 7 – 12 year olds
If you are running classes for either of these under-served groups then we would strongly encourage you to apply, or get in touch if you have any queries.
How East London Dance can help you:
This is what our Associate Classes status could offer you
- Listing on the East London Dance website
- Marketing and social media campaign support
- Teaching support and advice
- Safeguarding and inclusive practice training
- Support to understand your legal obligations and financial management
- Free access to professional development and networking sessions
- Two advice and guidance meetings as required
- Project management advice
- Access to administration tools and templates
- Access to performance opportunities
- A free ticket for the dance teacher to see one East London Dance show per year
Conditions to consider before applying:
- We are looking for applications from emerging and established community dance artists who offer a range of dance styles and techniques that are reflective of their local community
- Your classes must be regular with weekly sessions
- Your classes must run in and give priority to people in East London
- You must have a commitment to equal opportunities and deliver accessible, inclusive classes that are able to cater to different needs
- You must be independently running your sessions (i.e. not already attached to an organisation/ council – with the exception of the space you are delivering in)
- Unless East London Dance has already seen your classes in action, we will need to visit one of your classes for quality assurance as part of the consideration process
- Artists or schools running a number of classes should also note that whilst we are able to signpost audiences to your range of classes, we can only support one class under the Associate Classes Scheme.
How to Apply
We are open for applications, please complete the application form and return to email@example.com
Download an application form here