Are you an east London based dance artist, choreographer, fashion designer, stylist or costume maker interested in collaborating on a dance and fashion performance, to be staged at Shoreditch Town Hall on 12, 13, 14 April, 2018.
East London Dance is offering a unique platform for you to present your work as part of Identity, a performance event that will celebrate east London’s eclectic dance and fashion culture directed by maverick choreographer and fashion line creator Tony Adigun (Avant Garde Dance Company & TRAMPHAÜS LDN)
Known for bringing together inventive and unusual collaborations, Tony Adigun will pair artists across the two disciplines, guiding the ‘collabo’ for a bespoke presentation at Identity.
We are looking for bold, unconventional fashion and dance work that makes statements about individual or collective identity whilst reflecting an east London aesthetic. Applicants should have a flexible approach to their work and be willing to collaborate across art forms under the creative guidance of Tony Adigun.
The outcome of this ‘collabo’ will be performed in a mixed bill of dance and fashion performances as part of an unmissable event that blurs the lines between fashion catwalk, dance show and club night.
Find out more about Identity here.
- Dance artists should have pre-existing solo or duet pieces between 5-15 minutes.
- Fashion designers/makers/stylists should have an existing collection that they would be willing to use for this performance.
- All participants and dancers must be 18 or over.
Apply now and help us celebrate the best that east London has to offer!
To apply, please complete the Application Form including any images and videos of your work and send it to email@example.com by 10am Friday 2 February.
Successful applicants will be notified by Thursday 8 February.
- Presentation fees will be payable (subject to further discussion with selected applicants).
- Staging and event costs will be covered by East London Dance: lighting, sound etc.
- The work should be ready to be performed by 12 April and will be presented as part of a mixed bill of performances.
- You will be required to be available for the following commitments:
a) A meeting with Tony Adigun to discuss the realisation of the ‘collabo’ during evenings of either 13, 14 or 15 February from 6.30pm at East London Dance, Stratford Circus.
b) An informal, private sharing of the work with all other artists presenting on Tues 3 April (Time TBC)
c) For dress and technical rehearsals 10, 11, 12 April (Times TBC)
d) For evening performances at Shoreditch Town Hall on 12, 13, 14 April.
Identity is co-produced by Shoreditch Town Hall
Photographer: Victor Frankowski
Dancers: Ffion Campbell-Davies & Gaddy Switch
Movement Director: Rosie Whitney-Fish
Stylist: Dr. Manrutt Wongkaew