The London College of Fashion Arts Programme and East London Dance are delighted to offer emerging choreographers the exciting opportunity to take part in the inaugural Creative Dance and Technology Lab, an initiative aimed at bringing costume design, dance and technology closer together.
A select group consisting of a mixture of costume designers, choreographers and creative technologists will take part in a week-long workshop and be offered the chance to come together in teams to develop ideas/scratch work during the summer months in 2017.
Starting with a 1-Week Intensive in July comprised of presentations, workshops and experimentation in the newly opened Digital Learning Lab and Arcade East spaces at Mare Street, participants will then split into smaller groups to develop their ideas further. They will investigate how physical computing, mixed and virtual reality and e-textiles can inform their practice when combined with dance and choreography. Space can be booked by groups to develop ideas and for experimentation, then all groups come together for another full week of development in early September. At the end of this week, groups will present their idea to pitch for a commission prize that will see the idea funded and supported in order to be presented at East London Dance’s Fashion Weekender in Spring 2018.
It is open to emerging choreographers with an interest in exploring the possibilities of costume, fashion, technology and collaborative working practices.
Please join us at Arcade East on Tuesday 16 May, 6:30pm – 9pm to hear more about this opportunity, book your free place here: Eventbrite
London College of Fashion
182 Mare Street
- W/c 8 May Applications will open and more details will be announced
- 16 May Creative Dance and Technology Lab – Project briefing
- 31 May Application deadline
- W/c 5 June Selection of workshop participants
- 17 – 21 July Creative Lab Intensive week 1
- August Groups can book idea development time in Arcade East
- 4 – 9 Sep Creative Lab Intensive week 2
- Before 13 Sep Selection of piece for Fashion + Dance Weekender 2018