The Dance Enterprise Ideas Summit is back for 2017 with a raft of new guest speakers, entrepreneurs and artists.
On Friday 31 March 2017 at Stratford Circus, East London Dance will be hosting a day of conversations, provocations and networking alongside a dragon’s den style pitching process as the bursaries from the Ideas Fund are awarded.
- The changes in the East London cultural landscape
- How to build an enterprising and sustainable career in dance
- How to turn your idea into reality
Join our guest speakers as they host a series of round table conversations covering a range of topics. As well as hearing from and networking with these top-notch experts, delegates will watch a shortlisted group of artists and producers pitch their ideas to the Dance Enterprise Ideas Fund panel made up of representatives from the fund investors. With 3 minutes to pitch and 2 minutes to answer questions from the panel this is a dynamic and fast-paced element of the day guaranteed to leave you inspired and energised!
Book your tickets here.
- Andrea Stark, Director, Foundation for Future London
- Jacqueline Rose, Head of Culture, Greater London Authority
- Polly Risbridger, Director, East London Dance
Joint presentation from new dance organisations arriving in East London:
- Alastair Spalding, Artistic Director and Chief Executive, Sadler’s Wells
- Patrick Harrison, Executive Director, English National Ballet
- Rebecca Marshall, Executive Producer, Studio Wayne McGregor
Guest speakers who will host round table discussions:
- Cindy Claes, Choreographer, Playwright, Dance Teacher, Dancer, Actress & Dance Backpacker
- Fleur Derbyshire-Fox, Engagement Director, English National Ballet
- Jenn Reynolds, Press & PR consultant
- Malgorzata Dzierzon, Dancer, Choreographer and Producer, New Movement Collective
- Mary Alice Stack, Chief Executive, Creative United
- Nadine Patel, Senior Programme Manager, Sub-Saharan Africa Arts and Theatre & Dance Programme Manager, British Council
- Rosie Whitney-Fish, Director DanceWest and Independent Artist
- Sam Morley, Head of Development, Hofesh Shechter Company
- Sanaz Amidi, Chief Executive Officer, Rosetta Arts
- Theresa Beattie, Independent Producer
Dance Enterprise Ideas Fund Investing Partners:
Foundation for FutureLondon, English National Ballet, Sadler’s Wells, Dancers’ Career Development, Hackney Council & Discover Young Hackney, Redbridge Drama Centre, Theatre Royal Stratford East
Dance Enterprise Ideas Fund Supporting Partners:
One Dance UK, Rich Mix, Studio Wayne McGregor, University of East London
Presented as part of the Dance Enterprise Hub – a programme of skills development, creative incubation for new ideas, start-up funding and mentoring to enable dance artists to establish sustainable and successful creative businesses and/or careers. Supported by Foundation for FutureLondon.